Professional corporate headshots can be taken at your offices, at one of our portrait studios (our main studio is in Irvine, CA) or at a location of your choice.
A portable studio can be set up using natural looking and flattering lighting. A plain background can be supplied, usually in white or grey. You may also prefer to use your office as the backdrop, which can create a modern and environmental look. We can discuss the style before to make sure we get the look that you’re after. We can also advise on the most suitable clothing and colors for the shoot. We are aware time is limited, and we are experienced taking professional & natural looking headshots quickly, so you can get on with your day.
Following the shoot, you will receive an online gallery to view your images and your chosen images will be highly edited and then made accessible online via digital download.
A great portrait is an important part of how we present ourselves--but it doesn’t have to be a huge ordeal. Every week we photograph people from many different walks of life. From an individual needing a great portrait to a global corporation needing all employees photographed for their website.General Wardrobe Recommendations - Confidence is important. Choose an outfit that you are comfortable in and feel your best.
- Darker tones for tops are best for lighter skin as they add depth and contrast. The opposite is true for darker skin tones.
- Avoid wearing all white unless it is worn with a suit jacket or sweater on top as it tends to lose detail.
- Bring your outfit with you and change into it just before your session to avoid wrinkles.
- If wearing a polo, consider the wrinkle free options, they work best.
- Go with outfits that do not have excessive patterns, bold stripes or logos. Solid colors are the best.
- Watch the neckline. V-necks are great and accentuate your features but avoid going too low.
- If you can’t decide, bring multiple outfits and we can help you decide what looks best.
- Remove everything from your pockets such as wallets, keys and phones as they can be visible in photos.
It’s critical to have an awesome portrait that reflects confidence. With social media sites like Twitter and Facebook as well as LinkedIn and company websites, your online profile essentially replaces your business card. We have one chance in the digital world to make a fantastic, first impression and having an awesome portrait is a great start.Photo Selection
We select the photographs from your session that not only reflect our best work but prove to be your most authentic images. The shots that are deleted will include near duplicate images, unflattering photographs and those shots that fail to measure up to our criterion for quality.Basic Editing
Basic corrections are applied to every photo. This includes correcting and enhancing the color, exposure and applying a crop if needed. This process in itself enhances the images but we bring it to the next level with retouching.Retouching
After the images are edited, here are a few steps that are normally involved in portrait retouching.
- Areas in the photo that are too bright are toned down and shadows are enhanced.
- Lint on clothing is removed.
- Skin blemishes are removed or lightened. This includes pimples, dry skin, minor scars and any discolorations.
- Shiny patches of skin are minimized.
- Under eye bags are lightened.
- Wrinkles are softened
- Eyes are whitened, brightened and sharpened.
- Discolored teeth are whitened and cleaned.
- Flyaway hairs are removed.
- Visible nose, ear and unwanted facial hairs are removed.